We Protect You With Insurance for Health, Wealth and Life.

20th July 2024

09:00 – 17:30

Monday to Friday

Northern Ireland: 028 9261 3228 – Nottingham: 0115 8575578

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Buildings and contents insurance covers the building that you live in plus your possessions inside it.

There are two types of home insurance. Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home as well as any permanent fixtures and fittings, such as your kitchen and bathroom. Contents insurance protects your belongings within your home.

Contents insurance covers anything within your home that you can remove and take with you to another property, so possessions such as your clothes, furniture, fridge and television.

Just be aware that there are some exceptions to this rule, including carpets, so always check what’s included within the definition of ‘contents’ in your policy booklet.

You’re not legally obliged to have contents insurance, but if you own or rent your home it’s a good idea in case something unexpected happens – for example, you have a fire or your home is burgled.

For expert financial advice, get in touch today.